Best Crypto Exchanges Apps
in Canada 2023
Making Crypto Simple
Swapping digital currencies or making cryptocurrency investments on our mobile devices has become a routine activity as we go about our daily lives, much like casually checking other areas of the modern information world.
After the surge in popularity of digital currencies, they are no longer a privilege for a handful of traders. Many exchanges have made the crypto trading procedure more user-friendly and streamlined by providing mobile apps for trading on the go.
But how can you tell if a mobile app is good or not, and which one is the best among the platforms’ offerings? We’re here to help you.
|Exchange Website||Rating||Currencies||Available Cryptocurrencies||Fees||Our Review||Visit Site|
|5/5||CAD||15 Cryptocurrencies||0.2%||Bitbuy Review||Visit Site|
|4/5||USD||30+ Cryptocurrencies||Varies||Coinbase Review||Visit Site|
|4/5||60+ Currencies||600+ Cryptocurrencies||0.1%||Binance Review||Visit Site|
|3.5/5||USD||5+ Cryptocurrencies||1%||Kraken Review||Visit Site|
|3/5||USD, GBP & EUR||50+ Cryptocurrencies||0.26%||Kraken Review||Visit Site|
|3/5||EUR, GBP & USD||90+ Cryptocurrencies||Daily Fees||eToro Review||Visit Site|
|3/5||20+ Currencies||400+ Cryptocurrencies||0.4%||Crypto.com Review||Visit Site|
|3/5||USD, EUR, GBP & JPY||190+ Cryptocurrencies||0.2%||Bittrex Review||Visit Site|
|2.5/5||USD & EUR||6+ Cryptocurrencies||0.5%||Bitstamp Review||Visit Site|
|2.5/5||50+ Currencies||200+ Cryptocurrencies||0.1%||KuCoin Review||Visit Site|
The Best Cryptocurrency Exchanges Apps for Canadians 2023
We have compiled a list of some of the top crypto mobile applications available for Canadian residents with your convenience in mind.
1. Bitbuy App
The Bitbuy app is the ideal crypto solution for time-conscious investors. This cryptocurrency trading tool offers lightning-fast transactions backed up by industry-leading security. In particular, 95% of customers’ assets are stored in cold storage, while all payments require activation of the 2FA protocol.
The Bitbuy app, like the exchange, is routinely inspected for proof of reserves and security by a third-party blockchain security company. BitGo also offers extensive insurance on all holdings.
With all of this in mind, we believe you can securely trade a variety of cryptocurrencies on this mobile platform while going about your day without being overwhelmed by FOMO (Fear of Missing Out).
- Highly secure and registered crypto trading platform;
- Lightning-fast transactions;
- Low trading fees;
- 95% of the funds are held in cold storage;
- The platform is suitable for both beginners and advanced traders;
- Regularly updated app;
- The exchange is constantly adding new coins to the list of supported cryptocurrencies.
- The platform’s services are accessible only to Canadian residents.
2. Coinbase App
When it comes to getting started in the world of cryptocurrency, the Coinbase app is an excellent choice. Coinbase is the best option for newbies in crypto trading since it provides a secure, straightforward, and quick mobile experience without sacrificing quality or privacy.
This app is safe and convenient software and lets you buy, sell, swap, or store your coins traded through the Coinbase platform. After you’ve gotten the hang of it, you can upgrade to Coinbase Pro and take advantage of the cheaper trading costs and enhanced trading capabilities.
In addition to Bitcoin (BTC), the Coinbase app allows access to a wide range of other crypto assets, such as Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Litecoin (LTC), Ethereum (ETH), and USD Coin (USDC). Cardano (ADA), Solana (SOL), Tether (USDT), Ripple (XRP), and around 50 more stablecoins and altcoins.
Moreover, Coinbase covers 100+ countries and a wide range of payment options, including credit card/debit card payments, PayPal, bank account transfers, etc.
- A globally popular and trusted trading platform;
- An excellent crypto app for beginners;
- Passive income through staking;
- An easy-to-use portfolio management tool;
- A crypto watchlist option to track prices on your favourite coins;
- Lower transaction fees on Coinbase Pro.
- The credit card deposits are somewhat high;
- The customer service can be a bit slow;
- You can trade Bitcoin through this app, but the altcoin selection is rather modest.
3. Binance App
Binance is the number one global digital currency exchange with the most robust mobile trading app currently available in the industry. In terms of functionality and features, the mobile app rivals any other exchange app and charges some of the lowest trading fees.
You can practically do everything through the Binance app, including exchanging cryptocurrencies for other digital or fiat currencies, generating passive income through crypto lending or staking options, engaging in futures trading using leverage, applying for loans, etc.
To use the Binance app, you must be a non-resident of the United States. If you are a US citizen or resident, you can download the Binance.US app, available for Android and iOS devices.
- The largest and most popular crypto exchange in the world with low trading fees;
- One of the most popular and trusted apps among traders worldwide;
- High trading volume and deep liquidity;
- Some of the lowest trading fees in the industry;
- One of the most extensive ranges of cryptocurrencies available for trade in the industry;
- Suitable for both beginners and experienced traders.
- The customer support could use some improvement;
- The vast offer of trading possibilities can be overwhelming for the new traders.
4. Gemini App
To acquire Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies on the go, you can safely rely on the Gemini app. It is possible to purchase and trade the most popular cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin (BTC) and Dogecoin (DOGE), or metaverse tokens like Decentraland (MANA), The Axie Infinity (AXS), Sandbox, and Somnium Space (Somnium).
Like the exchange itself, the Gemini app was designed from the ground up with security in mind. You can maintain your place at the forefront of the market by setting up price alerts, making recurrent purchases, building a diverse cryptocurrency portfolio, and optimizing your trading ideas.
Gemini has all the trading tools you need, whether you are a seasoned trader or you’re just starting your career in the crypto market. Instant crypto buys and price notifications are included in the mobile services package, so you can constantly be up to date on the value changes of your assets in real-time.
This app also includes the Gemini Earn function, which allows you to generate passive income from your currencies.
- A safe and high regulated trading platform that provides an equally safe mobile app;
- A wide variety of tokens through this app;
- A large number of fiat currencies and simple fee structure;
- The app is available for Android, iOS, and Wear OS.
- The great number of trading offers could confuse the new traders.
5. Kraken App
Located in San Francisco, California, Kraken is considered one of the most secure and trustworthy exchanges in the crypto ecosystem.
As one of the major exchanges in terms of volume, Kraken primarily attracts professional users with a wide range of options for savvy crypto investors, including margin trading with up to 5x leverage and the option to open short trading positions in the order book.
Kraken allows you the flexibility to design your financial route, regardless of whether you are a crypto-beginner or an accomplished trader.
This functionality is made possible by the app’s outstanding customer support service, sophisticated financial instruments, inexpensive fees, numerous payment choices, and rigorous security measures.
- 24/7 customer support even through the app;
- Numerous funding options and a large selection of cryptocurrencies and trading pairs;
- User funds are kept in offline cold storage;
- Superb security features;
- Margin trading support through this app;
- An asset overview section that displays the asset’s value, turnover, and other useful information;
- Fiat currency deposits.
- The UI could improve, as it can come across as confusing to the less-experienced traders.
6. eToro App
As one of the largest global brokerages, eToro boasts a user base of more than 15 million traders. It provides a simple mobile cryptocurrency trading platform for newcomers, thanks to its straightforward user interface, quick registration procedure, and uncomplicated order placing method.
The eToro app provides beginner crypto traders with a simulated trading account of $100,000 so that they may experiment with crypto trading without taking any financial risk.
There are a plethora of top-tier digital currencies to choose from in the user-friendly trading interface, which is supported by a dynamic social conversation feed for each currency and the famous CopyTrader tool.
You won’t have to pay any fees when using the eToro mobile app to trade some of the most prominent cryptocurrencies on the market, indices, equities, or ETFs. In contrast to other mobile applications, eToro makes it simple and cost-free to build a diverse investment portfolio from the ground up.
- A highly regulated platform;
- A free demo trading account with 100,000 U.S. Dollars accessible from both the desktop platform and the mobile app. This is a great way to brush up on your skills before you start trading with real money.
- With the copy trading feature, users can automatically copy any trading strategy they deem successful;
- The platform provides a personal cryptocurrency wallet for the safe storage of your coins.
- The fiat withdrawal fee is 5 USD, which is a pretty hefty expense.
- As eToro’s trading fees fluctuate, the spread between the prices is also variable.
7. Crypto.com App
With a wide range of services and products, Crypto.com is considered one of the premier digital platforms for exchanging cryptocurrencies. Users of Crypto.com’s app can purchase and trade crypto within minutes using their smartphones. Also, you can trade all of the digital currencies supported by the platform amongst each other without any additional fees or price markups.
In addition to the instant crypto purchases, Crypto.com provides gift cards and certificates redeemable at prominent eateries and retailers worldwide. This Crypto.com app is available for download from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store for Android and iOS platforms.
Like through the venue, the Crypto.com app also makes it simple for customers to make deposits and withdrawals by bank transfer or credit/debit card.
Aside from these functionalities, the Crypto.com wallet app has everything you need to get started with cryptocurrency. To begin with, you can buy crypto at its true value with no hidden costs or fees through this app. Also, you can keep tabs on the value of over 250 different cryptocurrencies with the free cryptocurrency price monitor.
Using peer-reviewed code and full-time coding staff, Crypto.com has also secured its mobile software security. Two-factor authentication protocol (2FA), biometric verification, and phone and email verification are used to safeguard the safety and data confidentiality of all Crypto.com clients.
- The exchange supports credit card/debit card purchases;
- The app features an instant crypto buy option;
- There are no hidden costs when trading through the Crypto.com platform via desktop or mobile app;
- You can safely store, transfer, and receive cryptocurrency through the Crypto.com wallet app;
- Crypto.com charges no fees for ATM withdrawals.
- To fund their trading accounts, users must use bank transfers.
8. Bittrex App
Cryptocurrency trading on Bittrex Global is among the most secure experiences. Bittrex’s cutting-edge blockchain technology for sophisticated traders delivers bank-grade secure financial services, but it also enables streamlined services for the rookies.
Using Bittrex’s mobile app, you’ll be able to keep an eye on the market pricing of your favourite cryptos, make quick trades, and stay up to date on all things crypto-related. You can effortlessly trade some of the most popular cryptocurrencies, thus creating and managing a diverse portfolio.
- Bittrex is one of the most secure trading platforms in the industry;
- Supports more than 300 altcoins for trading;
- The platform’s processing engine enables lightning-fast transactions;
- The app provides highly sophisticated price tracking tools and detailed charting of the market movements;
- There’s direct access to your crypto wallet from your smartphone;
- You can allow app notifications for each performed transaction;
- Bittrex lets you trade through its platform for some of the lowest fees in the industry.
- Most of the platform’s features are designed for advanced traders in mind.
9. Bitstamp App
Bitstamp is one of the trading platforms that has been around for a long time in the business. In contrast to other cryptocurrency exchanges, this one just requires one platform for investors to use to buy and sell supported cryptocurrencies in return for fiat currencies.
Due to this possibility, Bitstamp has become a fiat gateway platform where beginners can swap their traditional currency for cryptocurrency before trading cryptocurrencies on some other crypto exchange. Many alternative payment options are available, including bank transfers and the European Union’s Single Euro Payments Area transfers (SEPA).
The Bitstamp app is your safe and secure route to fast and easy crypto trading if this exchange is your preferred trading venue. The Bitstamp app provides you with the necessary tools to make the best out of trading strategies.
Also, the customer support team is available by phone or email 24/7 to all traders to provide them with smother navigation on the cryptocurrency market or the trading processes.
- The platform is a fiat gateway for beginners in crypto trading;
- There are trading options suitable for beginners but also advanced financial instruments for the seasoned traders;
- The exchange provides 24/7 support via phone and email.
- Bitstamp supports a relatively small number of trading tokens, but the selection is made out of the most liquid ones on the market;
- The obligatory KYC user authentication procedure can take a while, so plan your time.
9. KuCoin App
KuCoin is one of the most prominent social trading platforms available today. This exchange was developed to cater to the requirements of both inexperienced and seasoned crypto investors while offering some of the most competitive fees in the market since its establishment in 2017.
The KuCoin mobile app makes it simple to swap cryptocurrencies for fiat currency with a credit card. If you use this software, your first coin can be yours in under a minute. You’ll be also able to easily see the worth of any investment you have in your wallet at a glance.
- Access to over 600 digital assets to its traders;
- A range of over 70 different payment methods for purchasing cryptos or funding your KuCoin trading account;
- P2P trading, NFTs, staking cryptos, trading bots, margin trading, etc.
- Before you can trade cryptocurrencies, you must first fund your trading account with at least $5;
- This trading platform had a security breach incident in 2020.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Coinbase trading platform is the most welcoming trading environment for novices in crypto trading. In a similar way, the Coinbase developers have created a mobile app for trading on the go that would make even the least experienced crypto investor feel like an expert in buying crypto coins, thanks to its straightforwardness and simplicity of use.
Similarly to trading platforms, cryptocurrency applications are diverse in their features and functions. Some of the applications support all of the available features on their web platform. In contrast, other apps only allow restricted access to the trading possibilities provided by the respective crypto exchange.
Also, some of the apps support all of the available features on their web platform. Therefore, before you choose your trading app, we strongly suggest you carefully compare the app’s trading offers with its platform.
Generally speaking, the best Android and iOS crypto trading apps are secure, with an intuitive user interface and simple to use, regularly updated, and cost-effective. They also support a wide range of fiat and crypto payment options.
Finally, the app’s functions should be able to support your trading tactics and requirements. For example, if you are interested in staking, a crypto trading app downloaded from a well-known exchange may not be useful if it does not support this financial instrument. So, pick your trading app wisely.